Private Day Tour from Medan: Mount Sibayak Morning Sunrise Expedition
What to Expect:
A half-hour from Berastagi, you’ll meet your local guide at Mount Sibayak’s base. The 5-hour trek rewards with a sunrise view over Berastagi and the chance to glimpse the awakened Mount Sinabung. After your descent, unwind in geothermal hot springs, all set against the stunning backdrop of Mount Sibayak. Good fitness and proper footwear are essential.
- Spectacular Sunrise: Begin your day with a breathtaking sunrise from the summit of Mount Sibayak, casting its golden glow over Berastagi and the surrounding landscapes.
- Mount Sinabung Vista: On clear days, feast your eyes on the majestic Mount Sinabung, which reawakened in 2010 after centuries of dormancy, adding a sense of awe to your adventure.
- Rejuvenating Hot Springs: Reward yourself after the trek with a relaxing soak in the geothermal hot springs at the volcano’s base, featuring uninterrupted views of Mount Sibayak.
The tour commences with an early morning hotel pickup at 2:30 a.m., transporting you to the base of Mount Sibayak, a mere half-hour drive from Berastagi village centre. This active volcano is nestled in the Bukit Barisan Mountain range and serves as the backdrop for your thrilling expedition. Here, at the mountain’s foot, your local hiking guide extends a warm welcome.
The adventure kicks off with a roughly 5-hour trek, offering captivating vistas of the sunrise from the volcano’s summit, which overlooks Berastagi and its picturesque surroundings. On a clear day, you’ll be treated to the awe-inspiring sight of the recently awakened Mount Sinabung. This neighbouring giant erupted in 2010 after a deep slumber that lasted over four centuries.
As you descend from the volcano, your well-earned respite awaits in the geothermal hot spring water pools at the mountain’s base. With the towering presence of Mount Sibayak as your backdrop, these pools offer a perfect opportunity to unwind and fully absorb the natural beauty around you.
Lau Sidebuk-Debuk Hotspring, Berastagi, North Sumatra
Please bear in mind that this adventure requires a good level of fitness. We strongly recommend donning supportive sneakers or hiking shoes that provide comfort, stability, and excellent traction for a smooth and safe journey.
After your volcano expedition, we’ll make our way back to Medan. We conclude the tour by dropping you off around 13:00 p.m. at your address in Medan.
Daily Departures: We lead you into the heart of the Batak Karo highlands every day.
What to Bring: Windbreaker and/or waterproof jacket, light sweater, headlight, change of clothes, a towel, and clothes to bathe in.
Ask us how you can combine this day trip with a visit to Bukit Lawang or Tangkahan for wildlife adventures with Sumatran Orangutan or Elephants or the Samosir Island, located in the largest volcanic crater lake, Toba. Turning your day trip into an unforgettable package tour.
Price (starting from) :
- 1 person = $105 USD per person
- 2-3 persons = $80 USD per person
- 4-6 persons = $65 USD per person
- Safe & private transport in comfortable air-conditioned car + fuel according to program
- English speaking driver who is also your guide, and his meals
- Entrance and parking fees to visit the objects as mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as: drinks, souvenirs, lunch, dinner
- Donations and tips