7 days Tour Bukit Lawang-Orangutan Adventure & Rafting Experience on Wampu river
Tour code SUMTJ 07
- Day 1. Arrive in Medan with flight.
- We will pick you up from the airport. In the morning there is a city tour of
Medan taking in the remaining original Dutch, English, Chinese and Malay architecture.
Medan – Bohorok/Bukit Lawang, the orangutan rehabilitation center via many rubber and palm oil plantations. In
this impressive nature reserve, you can see the orangutans feeding in their natural environment. This involves
45 minutes walk through the jungle to reach the feeding grounds of the orangutan. The sportive hiker can
take exciting jungle trips here. However, trekkers must be fit and have suitable large profile shoes. Overnight
stay in a hotel on the banks of the beautiful Bohorok river.
- Day 2. Bukit Lawang – rafting.
- We will take you to Mariki, the starting point of your Wampu river rafting experience.
This Wampu river rafting trip is a fascinating adventure with many grade 2 rapids. You will make the rafting
with local guides. The trip takes about 4 hours down the Wampu river. Minimum age is ca. 10 years. You will
enjoy the beautiful nature, sailing on a wide jungle river in the midst of the unspoiled impressive huge
rainforest. All around you can see and hear the tropical wildlife. Halfway we will make a stop at a waterfall
where you can take a fresh shower and lunch in the open air. Lunch is included. After lunch, you will continue
the rafting for about 2 hours until the bridge of the Bohorok river. After arriving in Bohorok we will transfer
you to your hotel.
- Day 3. Bukit Lawang – Brastagi.
- You will make a trip along a fascinating route to the mountain village of Brastagi
in the Karo Highlands. Here you can view two active volcanoes, the Sibayak, and the Sinabung. Overnight stay in
- Day 4. Brastagi – Samosir on Lake Toba.
- Beautiful route through the Karo highlands via pineapple, clove and ginger
plantations. Stops during the trip at the tribal kings’ house of the Simalungun Batak in Pematang Purba and at
the Sipiso Piso falls. In the afternoon we arrive in Prapat from where we cross Lake Toba to the island of
Samosir. The car goes with us. Overnight stay on Samosir island, your hotel is situated right at the lake
- Day 5. Samosir – tour to Tomok, Ambarita and Simanindo.
- On this magnificent island, you can visit the typical Toba
Batak villages: Tomok with its kings’ tombs, Ambarita with its megalith execution tables and in Simanindo you
can see traditional Batak dances. Overnight stay on Samosir.
- Day 6. Samosir – Medan by the plantation route.
- Today you drive along endless palm tree, rubber and cacao
plantations and through the historic city of Pematang Siantar. We suggest you take a break at the hotel
Siantar, built in 1912. In the noon you will arrive in Medan. Overnight stay in
Hotel Deli River
- Day 7. Medan.
- We will transfer you to the airport for your flight at ….
- 2 to 3 persons USD $610.00 Per person
- 4 to 6 persons USD $580.00 Per person
- 7 to 10 persons USD $565.00
- Single room supplement USD $250.00
The price is inclusive of :
- overnight accomodation in twin rooms in good medium class hotels
- breakfast daily
- transport in comfortable air conditioned minibus
- a driver, his meals and overnight accomodation costs
- entrance and parking fees
- permit in Bohorok orang utan center
- cost of the ferry Parapat – Samosir vice versa
- 1 x lunch
- professional rafting guide on day 2
- Rafting boat
- Life jackets + helmets