Five day North Sumatra tour
Tour code SUMTJ 5
- Day 1. Arrival in Medan – city tour.
- Overnight stay in Hotel Deli River situated just outside Medan in the middle of a tropical garden. Here you can rest after the long journey or make a walk in the neighbourhood.
- Day 2. Medan – Lake Toba by the plantation route.
- Today you drive along endless palm tree, rubber and cacao plantations and through the historic city of Pematang Siantar. We suggest you take a break at the hotel Siantar, built in 1912. In the afternoon you will arrive in Prapat on the borders of Lake Toba, where you cross the lake by ferry to the island Samosir. The car goes with us to the island. Overnight directly on the lakeside.
- Day 3. Samosir – tour to Tomok, Ambarita and Simanindo.
- This is a beautiful tour over the island. You can visit the typical Toba Batak villages: Tomok with its kings’ tombs, Ambarita with execution tables and Simanindo with traditional dances. Overnight stay on Samosir.
- Day 4. Samosir – Prapat – Brastagi.
- The route takes you from Prapat, along the edge of the lake, to the Karo highlands. En route you pass the tribal kings’ house of the Simalungun Batak in Pematung Purba, the Sipiso Piso falls and pineapple, ginger- and clove plantations. In the afternoon you will arrive at the cool mountain resort of Brastagi. Overnight stay in Brastagi.
- Day 5. Brastagi – Medan.
- The last day of your North Sumatra tour, you descend to the coastal lowland area of Medan, along an impressive route through the jungle. After arriving in Medan, you go straight to the airport Polonia for your next destination.
This tour can also be followed in the reverse direction.
The price of the five day tour of North Sumatra (tour code SUMTJ 5) is, per person, for a group of:
- 2 to 3 persons US $ 360,- p.p.
- 4 to 6 persons US $ 325,- p.p.
- 7 to 10 persons US $ 290,- p.p.
- Single room supplement US $ 145,-
The price is inclusive of :
- overnight accommodation in good medium class hotels in 2 pers. rooms
- breakfast daily
- transport in comfortable air-conditioned minibus or bus
- the driver, his meals and overnight accommodation costs
- cost of the ferry Parapat – Samosir and vice versa