Five Day North Sumatra Tour Package
Tour code SUMTJ 5
- Day 1. Arrival in Medan – city tour.
Upon your arrival into Medan, your private driver will transfer you from Kualanamu airport to your accommodation. Located along the Deli River on Medan’s city outskirts (12kms) Hotel Deli River is where you can relax by the infinity pool, take a historical city tour (depending on your arrival time), enjoy the Indonesian and fusion-cuisine options in their open-aired restaurant set amidst a lush tropical garden – or all the mentioned – making it the perfect place to begin any Sumatran jungle adventure.
- Day 2. Medan – Lake Toba by the plantation route.
- Today you drive along endless palm tree, rubber and cacao plantations and through the historic city of Pematang Siantar. We suggest you take a break at the hotel Siantar, built in 1912. In the afternoon you will arrive in Prapat on the borders of Lake Toba, where you cross the lake by ferry to the island Samosir. The car goes with us to the island. Overnight directly on the lakeside.
- Day 3. Samosir – tour to Tomok, Ambarita, and Simanindo.
- This is a beautiful tour over the island. You can visit the typical Toba Batak villages: Tomok with its kings’ tombs, Ambarita with execution tables and Simanindo with traditional dances. Overnight stay on Samosir.
- Day 4. Samosir – Prapat – Brastagi.
- The route takes you from Prapat, along the edge of the lake, to the Karo highlands. En route you pass the tribal kings’ house of the Simalungun Batak in Pematung Purba, the Sipiso Piso falls and pineapple, ginger- and clove plantations. In the afternoon you will arrive at the cool mountain resort of Brastagi. Overnight stay in Brastagi.
- Day 5. Brastagi – Medan.
- The last day of your North Sumatra tour, you descend to the coastal lowland area of Medan, along an impressive route through the jungle. After arriving in Medan, you go straight to the Kualanamu International Airport for your next destination.
The price of the five-day holiday of North Sumatra is as follows:
- 2 to 3 person USD $ 360.00 Per Person.
- 4 to 6 person USD $ 325.00 Per Person
- 7 to 10 person USD $ 290.00 Per Person
- Single room supplement USD $ 145.00 Per Person
The price is inclusive of :
- overnight accommodation in good medium class hotels in 2 pers. rooms
- breakfast daily
- transport in comfortable air-conditioned minibus or bus
- the driver, his meals and overnight accommodation costs
- cost of the ferry Parapat – Samosir and vice versa